Real Colorado Cup Tournament featuring Colorado Showcase
The 2020 Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase will be held May 21-25, 2020.
Our 2020 Venues will be Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, Broomfield County Commons, Aurora Sports Park and Dove Valley.
APPLY EARLY to ensure your team will get in!
We look forward to hosting you!
2020 Real CO Cup Details
APPLY NOW — Registration is OPEN
- May 21-25, 2020 Memorial Day Weekend
- Local teams including Colorado Springs, Boulder and Ft. Collins teams will begin play on Thursday, 5/21, 4:00, pm.
- All out of state teams must be ready to play at 4:00, pm, on Friday, 5/22.
- All championships will be played on Monday, 5/25, at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park (U15+) and Aurora Sports Park (U10-14)
- All traveling teams should be advised that there is no guaranteed end time for Monday games so departing flights or driving departures should not be planned prior to 7pm on Monday, 5/25.
- Deadline to enter is April 17, but we will close age groups as we fill so DON’T WAIT!
- We turned away many teams in 2019 — don’t wait!
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Park (U15+ teams) – 6000 Victory Way, Commerce City, CO 80022
- Aurora Sports Park (U10-11-12-13-14 teams) – 18601 E. Sports Park Drive, Aurora, CO 80011
- Dove Valley (U10-11-12-13-14 teams) – 13655 Broncos Parkway, Englewood CO 80112
- BROOMFIELD COMMONS (all age groups) — 13200 Sheridan Blvd., Broomfield, CO 80020
- NOTE: we try to keep teams playing at the same location throughout, however, there is the strong possibility that teams could be at multiple sites during the tournament so please be prepared.
COLORADO SHOWCASE DIVISION:
- All U15+ (2001-2005) teams will play in the Colorado Showcase Division.
- 3 Game Guarantee, with brackets of 4, 8 or 5, as allowed by numbers of teams
- Finalists and Champions will receive team and player awards in all brackets
- 200 college coaches attended last year
- We offer great amenities for college coaches, which along with our terrific competition, keeps our attendance growing each year!
- APPLY EARLY!
REAL COLORADO CUP DIVISION:
- U10-14 teams will play in Real CO Cup Division
- 4 game guarantee for all teams
- Finalists and Champions will receive team and player awards in all brackets
FORMAT AND FEES:
- CO RAPIDS MLS Game tickets included in all team registrations.
- U10-12 (2010-2008) teams playing 9v9 $895
- U12–14 (2008-2006) teams playing 11v11 $1095
- U15-19 (2004-2000) teams playing 11v11 (CO SHOWCASE DIVISION) $1400
- ALL 9v9 TEAM REGISTRATIONS INCLUDE 13 TICKETS TO one of three CO RAPIDS MLS 2019 home game
- ALL 11v11 TEAM REGISTRATIONS INCLUDE 15 TICKETS TO one of three CO RAPIDS MLS 2019 home games
- ALL out-of-metro teams will have first choice of CO Rapids game to be played on Saturday, 5/23/19
- Additional tickets will be available directly from the CO Rapids at discounted prices for team members, parents, etc.
- It is the goal of the tournament not to schedule games during the Rapids game, as possible, depending on the game time
- Local teams will be able to utilize their tickets at their choice of 2 games offered by the Rapids on other dates.
- Get your tickets early!!!
- All Info is on HOW TO BOOK CO RAPIDS TICKETS Dropdown.
STAY TO PLAY REQUIREMENT:
- All teams requiring a hotel stay must make their reservations via Anthony Travel.
- We will offer 50+ choices of hotels!
- Book early to get your preferred location, room format and price.
- Information to book is available here.
COLORADO SHOWCASE NATIONAL COMBINE:
- National Soccer Combine – Info coming soon.
- 610 teams played in the 2019 Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase
- 16 states were represented!
- 200+ college coaches were in attendance at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park for the CO Showcase
- Deadline to enter is April 17, but we will close age groups as we fill so DON’T WAIT!
- APPLY NOW
QUESTIONS: Cindy Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org
3/24/20 Real CO Cup Update Concerning COVID-19
I hope this update finds you doing well, following all guidelines, and staying safe.
Following CSA’s direction, the CO Spring season is on hold until at least 4/17.
Our plans to hold the 2020 Real CO Cup as normal have not changed. We recognize of course, that because of COVID-19, these are uncertain times and we must adjust previous plans and policies. As we are entering the time period when most teams make final decisions regarding Memorial Day and early summer tournaments, following is our current plan.
- We are still taking team applications and have room for more teams in all age groups/divisions.
- We will not be accepting or charging teams any fees, until there is more clarity regarding the situation leading up to Memorial Day Weekend.
- We are actually encouraging teams to register now (with no charges taken, although a valid credit card will need to be entered) to secure their spot.
- We will communicate what we know, as we know it, especially prior to accepting/charging teams.
- One way or the other, we plan to know what direction we will be taking on or about April 20, with any change to that date being communicated prior.
- We do not recommend waiting that long to apply, however, as we are usually full before our published deadline to apply of 4/13..
For teams who have already registered, thank you – your spot is obviously secure!
- Please know that if the tournament is cancelled, we will be providing full refunds, rather than our normal, historical policy of charging the $100 admin fee on withdrawal/refund.
- *****Any team making the decision to withdraw for any reason, must do so in writing via email by April 17, so we have time to adjust prior to scheduling. After 4/17, we may not be able to provide the full refund.*****
Recognizing that all our players are the ones feeling the loss of their season the most, we are hoping the Real Cup will be able to offer a weekend of PLAY! We are still planning on seeing lots of teams for Memorial Day!
Thank you very much and BE SAFE,
Cindy Thomas, Real CO Tournament Director, email@example.com
All teams playing in the 2020 Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase are required to make their hotel reservations through Anthony Travel at one of the Real CO Cup specified hotels. Any team not following this directive will not be scheduled to play in the tournament and no refund will be provided.
All information maybe found and reservations made by clicking here
How to Book CO Rapids Tickets
How to obtain your team’s Colorado Rapids Tickets for the
2020 Real Colorado Cup & Showcase
Every registered Real Colorado Cup tournament team will receive an allotment of complimentary tickets to a 2020 Colorado Rapids Home Game
Teams playing in the 9v9 divisions will receive thirteen (13) complimentary tickets
Teams playing in the 11v11 divisions will receive fifteen (15) complimentary tickets
Teams will choose from one of four offered CO Rapids regular season home games, listed below. Out of metro area teams will have top priority for the game to be played on Saturday, May 23, 2020, during the Real CO Cup.
- Saturday May 23rd vs Philadelphia Union @ 7:00pm
- Wednesday May 6th vs LA Galaxy @ 7:00pm
- Saturday June 13th vs LAFC @ 7:00pm
- Saturday June 20th vs Toronto @ 7:00pm
*NOTE: The full allotment of complimentary tickets must be redeemed for the same game.
Additional Ticket Pricing:
- By default, each team’s allotment of complimentary tickets will be placed in the South End-line;
- NOTE: teams purchasing 10 or more additional tickets in the East Sideline ($34/ticket) or West Sideline ($43/ticket) will receive an automatic upgrade for their complimentary tickets in their chosen section.
- All ticket orders must be placed by Friday, May 8, 2020 at 5PM (MST)
- Orders can be placed by contacting Courtney Oliver, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-727-3713
- Ticket orders cannot be redeemed at the Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Box Office – you must make your arrangements in advance.
Applicants to 2020 Real Cup
Click here for a list of all applicants to the 2020 Real CO Cup.
Fields and Site Maps
Click these links for area map of hotels and fields and site maps.
Dick’s Sporting Goods Park — 6000 Victory Parkway, Commerce City, CO 80022
Aurora Sports Park – 18601 E. Sports Park Dr., Aurora, CO 80011
Dove Valley Regional Park — 13655 Broncos Parkway, Englewood, CO 80112-4150
Broomfield County Commons Park – 13200 Sheridan Blvd., Broomfield, CO 80020
2019 College Coaches who Attended
Click here to see the lists of College Coaches Registered to Attend the 2019 Real CO Cup featuring the Colorado Showcase.
College Coach Registration Info
We hope you have the 2020 Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase on your calendar for Memorial Day weekend this year – 5/22-25/20. We are once again expecting a great turnout of teams looking to provide top level soccer. You can find teams already registered on gotsoccer.com.
College Coach Registration is a 2-part process: 1) Submit the Real CO Registration form and register at ScoutingZone, our partner in providing you the very best recruiting experience.
Amenities Available for College Coaches attending the 2020 Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase:
- National Soccer Combine, info coming soon.
- Great Hotel Rates at Colorado Showcase Hotels (go to www.anthonytravel.com)
- Breakfast at your hotel, lunch and snacks at the Fields
- College Coach Hospitality Tent at Fields (sideline chairs, sunscreen available for your use)
- Welcome Check-In Reception on Friday, May 22, 2 – 7 pm
- Complimentary CO Rapids game ticket and BBQ on Saturday, May 23
- CLICK HERE to Register to Attend and to RSVP for CO Rapids BBQ
- Please register soon — limited number of tickets available to the CO Rapids BBQ
- Contact email@example.com with any questions!
***Please ALSO register online on ScoutingZone: CLICK HERE
This is how all teams and players will see that you are attending from the Real CO or ScoutingZone websites so they can contact you to invite you to come watch them play.
SEE YOU IN MAY!
Guest Playing in the Real Cup
If you would like to be a guest player in the Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase and are wanting to make your availability known to team coaches, you can register in Gotsoccer by clicking here.
Team coaches can go to our Guest Player Pool via their team applications to the Real CO Cup/CO Showcase to search for players they might want to add to their roster for the tournament, so this is the best way to reach out. Guest players can be from states other than their home state. Information on how to accomplish this is included in the Team Online Check-in Information, received by and available to all teams.
If you are a team/coach looking for guest players the guest player pool can be accessed from within your team application or your coach account under “Your Events”. You can find players by age group, gender and position, as well as information on how to contact them, there.
Be a Real Cup Referee
Would you like to be a Real CO Cup Referee?
CLICK HERE for all details and to sign up!
We love our out of state referees — our local refs, too! Thank you for coming to the Real CO Cup!
Player Profiles - High School Players
Deadline to Complete Player Profiles is May 8th! If your team wants to be recruited by college coaches, a profile must be completed!
Welcome to the 2020 Real CO Cup! We will be using SCOUTINGZONE as our official scouting/recruiting partner, which will connect players and college coaches onsite at our event. SCOUTINGZONE is the #1 recruiting software used by college scouts from all divisions across the country. It is a tournament requirement for all participating teams & players to be registered in SZ. College coaches count on us to deliver accurate roster information, so it is imperative you follow instructions below ASAP. We look forward to seeing you at the fields!
**Team Managers, please follow instructions below by May 8th**
What’s in it for your team?
- Increase players’ opportunity to be recruited, SZ is the most widely used recruiting platform by all divisions of college soccer coaches!
- SZ is the only way college coaches will be receiving player info – If you are not in SZ, you will NOT be visible to college coaches – don’t miss your opportunity to be recruited!
Is your Team New to SCOUTINGZONE?
- Go to scoutingzone.com(Click REGISTER, then MANAGER)
- Fill in required fields and obtain SZ Team Code #
- Email your SZ Team Code & forward email confirmation to your players – this will include instructions for players to register (if you do not immediately see the email, check your spam folder)
- If you get a message that states: “Your GotSoccer ID is already taken or is invalid” – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- When logged in: Locate 2020 Real CO Cup (on right hand side, choose your age group, click JOIN)
***Your SCOUTINGZONE roster needs to match your tournament roster***
Important info: You DO NOT register your players – players will register themselves using your SZ Team Code. They will automatically populate onto your core roster after they register. Any missing players means they have not yet registered using your SZ Team Code.
Is Your Team already registered in SCOUTINGZONE?
Go to www.scoutingzone.com and login to your manager account. Any players missing from your roster you will need to provide them your SZ TEAM CODE so that they can register. Don’t forget to join the event (locate 2020 Real CO Cup on right hand side, choose your age group, click JOIN). If you encounter ANY QUESTIONS – we are here to help! Email: email@example.com
***Your SCOUTINGZONE roster needs to match your tournament roster***
SCOUTINGZONE is ready to help if you have any questions! firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Online Check-In Information
ALL CHECK-INS/REGISTRATIONS ARE ONLINE VIA GOTSOCCER
THERE WILL BE NO ONSITE/GAME DAY CHECK-INS
*PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY*
- Initial Deadline for Check-in Document Uploads — Wednesday, May 8 – ***List of what we expect by May 8 below***
- Because we know there are roster changes, Final Team check-ins/registration documents are due by: Friday, May 17
- Start working on collecting your documents NOW! DO NOT WAIT UNTIL MAY 8, to take care of this – for your sanity and ours!
- All teams will receive a confirmation email stating that their check‐in documents are complete no later than: Friday, May 17, including a RCC verified copy of your roster to be used at all tournament games
- Teams are able to send us specific questions from within their team application on the documents page using the “Notify Registrar” section. We are able to respond back on the same page.
- Team documents will be monitored continuously and communications will be sent regarding any issues.
- Full Instructions for online check-in can be found below: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Tournament rules can be found here
- Please note that a player can ONLY play for ONE team throughout the tournament.
- Coach and Asst. Coach Passes are required to be uploaded with Player Passes
- RCC Verified Rosters will be collected by referees at all games. Actual laminated player cards and med forms must be available at the field, every game. Failure to produce any or all of these documents as requested at game time, will result in a forfeit of ALL GAMES!
- If there are questions please email email@example.com (Always identify your team name in any email.)
US CLUB TEAMS MUST PROVIDE:
- 1 copy of the US Club Roster (see “Frequently Asked Questions” below about adding guest players)
- A copy of each US Club Player and Coach Pass– every player and coach must have one to be allowed to play/coach (ONLY front must be copied)
- ONLY IF YOU HAVE GUEST PLAYERS: A copy of each guestplayer’s US Club Player Pass – every guest player must have one to be allowed to play (ONLY front must be copied)
- Download, read, complete and execute the
- RCC Policy/Rule Acknowledgement and Team Information Form
US YOUTH SOCCER TEAMS MUST PROVIDE:
- 1 copy of the State Approved, Official, Signed Roster (see “Frequently Asked Questions” below about adding guest players)
- A copy of each US Youth Soccer Player and Coach Pass – every player and coach must have one to be allowed to play/coach (ONLY front must be copied)
- ONLY IF YOU HAVE GUEST PLAYERS: A copy of each guest player’s US Youth Soccer Player Pass– every player must have one to be allowed to play
- Permission to Travel Form. All USYS teams from outside Region IV must have this form. Check with your State association for the appropriate form.
- Download, read, complete and execute the RCC Policy/Rule Acknowledgement and Team Information Form
UPLOADING TO GOTSOCCER
After you have gathered the appropriate documents to register your team, please scan or create PDF files for each document type, as they will be uploaded separately. Please use appropriately descriptive names, i.e., Roster, Player Passes, RCC Policy, etc.) so you will know which files to upload where in your team application.
***We recommend scanning multiple player cards to fill an 8.5” x 11” piece of paper and thus requiring fewer “Player Passes” sheets. Please be sure to combine all player passes (alphabetical order required) into a single pdf.
Then, follow these instructions:
- Login to gotsoccer.com with your team username and password.
- Select the “2019 Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase” Event
- Select “Documents”
- Select the labels from the dropdown list and upload the appropriate files.
- If you need to Notify Registrar, you will see that function on your documents page, also.
- MAY 8 – List of Documents that should already be entered****
- Real CO Cup Team Agreement and Info Form – MANDATORY for all teams – must be provided – no team can play without this.
- Primary Team Roster, Player Passes, Coach Passes, Player Loan/Travel, Papers,Travel Papers
- IF YOU KNOW YOU WILL CHANGING YOUR ROSTER prior to May 17- tell us in your notes.
- We will know you have changes coming and won’t keep bugging you until May 15!
REGISTRATION FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I email you my documents?
No. All documents must be uploaded to your GotSoccer account.
Can I ask a specific question during this process?
Yes. From your documents page in your team account, RCC Event application, there is a “Notify Registrar” spot. Click on notify, type in your short question and “Add”. RCC staff can see there is a notification and will reply at the same spot. Your team contact/manager will receive an automated email when we answer.
Once I’ve checked in using GotSoccer, will I receive an email confirming that my roster has been approved?
Yes. All teams will receive an email confirming their roster/documents have been approved. Your actual RCC verified roster will be uploaded into your team account by us. This is where you will print copies of your RCC verified tournament roster to bring to the tournament. This roster must be given to the referee 15 mins. prior to each game. You must always bring your roster, actual laminated player/coach passes (no copies) and medical forms to each game. This email will be sent no later than 5 days prior to the tournament start date.
Players not attending the event:
If a player is not attending the event do I leave their name on the roster?
No, if a player is not attending the event; you need to cross their name off on the roster before you scan it.
What is the maximum number of guest players a team can bring to the event?
Six (6) guest players will be allowed.
- Teams may roster up to the maximum permitted for their age per Real Cup rules.
- Only 18 players are eligible for each game. Non-eligible players on a roster of more than 18 must be crossed off prior to giving to the referee.
- Guest players are included in that maximum number.
How do I add a guest player?
Step 1: Obtain the guest player’s current player pass/card and medical release form.
Step 2: Copy your original roster. Please handwrite legibly and carefully, the guest player’s full name, unique jersey number, player identification number and birthday below the bottom of the existing rostered players.
Step 3: Proper paperwork for guest players is required:
US CLUB TEAMS DO NOT NEED ANY EXTRA PAPERWORK – just their US CLUB ROSTERS with the guest players written in, US Club player cards/passes, medical waivers.
USYS TEAMS USING GUEST PLAYERS:
- A guest player is any player not listed on your official roster you are using in the RCC. Some clubs or state associations will add guest players to a traveling team’s official roster. Please ask your club or state registrar about this! Any player listed/typed on your official, signed, verified roster is not considered a guest player by RCC.
- All guest players (written in by you on your roster) must have their player pass included with the whole team’s passes for RCC approval and their medical release at the field with those of the entire team.
- If the guest player and the team for which they are playing are both from CO, nothing else is needed (just pass, medical release, and name on official roster submitted by team, then approved by RCC)
- If the guest player is from ANY state other than CO, or if a Colorado player is guest playing on a state team from outside of Colorado, then they will need to complete an Interstate Permission Form.
- If you are a team traveling from outside of CO, Player Loan Papers are obtained from your state association, i.e., a player from your state association is playing on your team (even from within your own club).
- Interstate Permission Form is for a player guest playing on a team from outside their state association, i.e., an AZ player is coming to play on a CO Team or a CO player guest playing on an AZ team.
Click here for this form or obtain from your state association.
IMPORTANT NOTE: US Club Soccer teams may only take guest players registered under US Club Soccer, and USYS teams may only take guest players registered under USYS. No roster may be comprised of players with different passes from different organizations (no “mixed rosters”).
Medical Release Forms
Medical Release Forms are not uploaded for online check-in. By uploading the Signed RCC Policy Acknowledgement and Team Info Form, your team is stating they will have all player medical releases/waivers at the RCC.
***All teams must have a medical release form for each player (including guest players) at the field for every game.
- Print out this form here.
- You must upload your completed form into your team application. VERY IMPORTANT: NO TEAM CAN PLAY WITHOUT THIS SIGNED DOCUMENT IN ITS FILE! This will be the first place we will go to contact your team during the tournament weekend for any possible reason – it is extremely important that we have this signed document back from your team before you can play.
Nat'l Soccer Combine at the Real Cup
The 2020 National Soccer Combine at the Real CO Cup will be held on
Friday, May 22, 2020 10:30am-3pm at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park.
Schedule: 12:30pm – Girls – Session 1 1:00pm – Boys – Session
1, Other Sessions will be added (Earlier in the day once sessions fill
• The last five years the Combine event has had well over 100
college coaches attending.
• It’s been very valuable for players looking to be recruited.
• Here’s a great video showing what goes on at a Combine Camp:
This event will bring college coaches in to evaluate players prior to
the tournament to identify them and then follow them throughout the
tournament. The Combine contains athletic and skill assessment for
players and short, controlled scrimmage games (3v3, 6v6). There will
also be goalkeeper specific skills assessments.
NOTE: players do not need to be playing in the tournament to participate
in the Combine. Participation is on an individual basis. It is not
necessary for entire teams to sign up, although they can.
Questions and more information, contact Combine Director at :
To register, click here.
Real CO Cup Forms
USYS Permission to Travel Form — All USYS teams from outside Region IV must have this form if they are having guest players from any other team (even if from within the same club).. It is unique to your home state so we cannot provide a sample. Please contact your state association for proper form and procedure. This form must be uploaded into your team check-in documents as per the Real CO Cup Online Check-in Procedures.
USYS Interstate Permission Form — This form is required for a player from one state to play on a team from another state in a tournament. Example: a player from WA is coming to play on a CO team OR if a CO player is playing on an AZ team in the Real Cup.
RCC Policy/Rule Acknowledgement and Team Info Form — This form must be completed by every team playing in the Real CO Cup and must be uploaded into team check-in documents as per the Real CO Cup Online Check-in Procedures.
Real Cup Check-in Frequently Asked Questions — Answers to Frequently asked Team Check-in Questions
Medical Release — all players must have some form of a medical release present at the Real CO Cup. This form is acceptable if desired.
Real CO Cup Apparel
Real CO is pleased to announce that Fine Designs will once again be the exclusive Real CO Cup Apparel provider.
Nike products will be available with the our 2020 Real Cup logo and any customization requested onsite.
Attention Real CO families — “it’s how you play the game…” customization will be available on tournament apparel onsite at the Real Cup!
2019 Real CO Cup Rules
Click here for 2019 Real CO Cup Rules.
2019 Extraordinary Rules
These rules may be applied during the 2019 Real CO Cup, should there be delays during the tournament. The Tournament Director will make the best decision for the tournament based on type of delay, length of delay and current tournament circumstance.
Each individual site could operate under different rules based on condition/situation at each site. Please be aware.