The Thanksgiving holiday is behind us, but we hope the spirit of helping others is still in full swing. Providing food, volunteering, and donating are common forms of helping the less fortunate. In addition to the charitable mood around the holidays, Colorado Gives Day is another opportunity to support local organizations. Colorado Gives Day is Tuesday December 10th. Please keep Real Colorado in your thoughts for any charitable giving this season. We understand our families already give their time and money to the club, so here are some things to consider:
- Real Colorado (the trade name of The Douglas County Soccer Association) is a 503(c)(3) non-profit. This is a fancy way of saying the club is not profit-driven. Providing quality soccer programs entails hiring great coaches and staff, renting numerous fields, paying referees, plus all the costs of a sizeable organization with over 4,200 players.
- Donations can be earmarked for specific purposes of your choice. Two major categories that donated funds typically fall into are the Real Complex and scholarships. Real also has our general operating fund which is the default if no purpose is specified. Real provided over $110,000 in financial support to nearly 100 families through scholarships in 2019.
- Every dollar counts. If each family on a typical-sized team gave $100, it would be enough to cover the dues for a competitive scholarship recipient. Even smaller amounts add up. Uniforms, cleats, equipment, training gear. Funds can go to help players that need support.
- Donations will be partially matched through a $1 million incentive fund. Your dollars will stretch even further.
- Real is a Douglas County-based organization, so donations benefit a local organization.
To donate to Real Colorado, please click here. Thank you for your continued support, Real Network Committee #thisisreal #coloradogivesday #supportreal