Phone: (303) 694-6882 • Fax: (303) 694-4803• 8200 S. Akron St. Suite 122 Centennial, CO 80112 • Hours: Tues-Friday, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Dear Real Colorado families,
The health and safety of our families is our primary focus during this time the COVID-19 situation is commanding attention throughout our country and world.  We are not experts related to what is going on, but we do fall under the umbrella of organizations who are, be it our federal government, local government, the CDC, WHO, US Soccer, US Youth Soccer as well as one of our strongest partners, Children’s Hospital Colorado.  All of these groups are working together, sharing information to make determinations on best practices to avoid unsubstantiated panic and offer intelligent advice to help keep our families safe and informed.
As we fall under their umbrellas, we are in regular communication with them to leverage their relationships and contacts in making the best decisions for Real Colorado.  We are following their advice and as our membership, you can have confidence on the fact we will abide by their recommendations related to our soccer programming. 
We also support the fact you reserve the final right of responsibility for your family and can decide whether or not to send you player(s) to training or games in light of the COVID-19 virus situation even when of our governing bodies have elected to keep these situations open.

As this situation is fluid, and information is changing rapidly, please check out our website for the latest information.  This will be the single best place to understand what Real Colorado is doing and will help ensure the information going out is consistent.

March 24th, 2020

Good afternoon Real Colorado families,

Certainly none of us would suggest or foresee where we are today from where we were just a few weeks ago.  On March 18th, Governor Polis suspended “in-person learning” at all Colorado public and private schools through at least April 17th, 2020.  This order is an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19.  After receiving this announcement, the Colorado Soccer Association executive team met and made the recommendation to continue with a suspension of the soccer season inline with Governor Polis’s executive order.  To this end Real Colorado fields and programming will be suspended with hope of being cleared to begin play on or soon after the 17th.  You can read the letter from CSA here.

Right now our staff is feverishly working to come up with new scheduling, budgeting and virtual  opportunities for physical activity with ties to soccer to help during this time. It will take great efforts by each of us to make the best of an unprecedentedly difficult situation and to offer the opportunity to keep our community connected and loving the game of soccer.  Never in our times, has our local, regional, national and global community been impacted in such a way.  We know there will be amazing stories of people coming together and  rising above the norm with incredible compassion, support and grace.  Likely,  we will all need some of this and hopefully have the opportunity  to pay it forward for others in need.

Please remember that Real Colorado is a non-profit organization that has continuing obligations to its coaches, staff, vendors and field providers.  Based on these obligations, we will not be in a position to provide financial remedies at this time, and we respectfully note that our enrollment agreement provides for this force majeure eventuality.  As the information we are receiving points to a fluid environment of change, it will likely be when we have passed through this crisis time we will best be able to answer any questions related to potential financial remedies for you, our families.  As we continue to navigate through this situation, we are committed  to finding new ways to provide valuable services and programs for our players and coaches.

Thank you your patience as we all work through this global health and economic emergency.  While  we understand it can be frustrating to not have  a final answer about the season’s  future,  we want to assure you that we will continue to work closely to ensure a safe and ready environment when we return to play.  We will dedicate our time to providing instruction and opportunity as best as possible  and to be fiscally responsible in ensuring Real Colorado is able to provide the highest standard of a soccer experience when we return to play, and continue our dedication to helping each player learn, grow, and celebrate his or her love of the game.

Our next key communication will come out no later than April 6th, 2020.

March 12, 2020
  • US Soccer Development Academy – US Soccer has cancelled all games through April 30th including the Spring Cup. Real Colorado teams will not have training or attend Team Speed until we re evaluate the week of March 23rd.  Next update will be Tuesday, March 24th by 2:00 pm.
  • Elite Clubs National League – The ECNL has suspended all games through April 30th including cancelling the Spring event in South Carolina.Real Colorado teams will not have training or attend Team Speed until we re evaluate the week of March 23rd.  Next update will be Tuesday, March 24th by 2:00 pm.
  • Camps – the Real Colorado Spring Break camps will be cancelled and players will receive a full refund.
  • Competitive and Recreational leagues – In support of the Colorado Soccer Association’s recommendation, we will be postponing all games and training sessions through March 23rd. CSA will continue to follow the advice from the CDC, US Youth and other key stake holders.  At this time, CSA and Real Colorado are committed to a complete spring season. Next update will be Tuesday, March 24th by 2:00 pm.
  • Real Colorado Cup –At present, with the 2020 Real CO Cup over 2 months away, we are not considering any changes to our normal tournament operations, including processing applications, accepting and charging teams, and being responsive to any and all questions to the best of our ability.  We are very sensitive to teams’ travel plans, deposits and commitment deadlines, as well as concerns regarding available refunds if the tournament is not played or teams are prevented from traveling. We will be revisiting this as more information comes available on March 24th