Recreational News & Events
Real CO Soccerfest: 3rd Annual Recreational Tournament
2016 Real CO Soccerfest Recreational Tournament
U7—U13 Boys and Girls — All Recreational Teams Invited!
Labor Day Weekend, 9/1-5, 2016
Application Open Now Here!
New, VERY FUN format for Fall U7 and U8 Teams!
Great opportunity for Fall 2016 teams to play the weekend before the CSA League Season starts.
- Games could begin at 5pm on Thurs., 9/1 depending on flight size.
- Otherwise, games begin at 5pm on Friday, 9/2.
- Final games will be Sun., 9 /4, with weather rollover to Mon. 9/5, only if necessary.
- Games to be played at Highland Heritage and Challenger Parks
- Tournament Registration opens June 7, 2016
- Questions: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
U9-U13 teams will have championship round with awards for Champions and Finalists, team and players.
- U9/U10 will play 7v7, U11-U13 will play 9v9
- $425 Registration Fee, 3 game guarantee
U7-U8 teams will play a round robin format, with no championship games. Emphasis on the fun of the game!
- U7 will play 4v4, U8 will play 5v5 including gk
- $375 Registration Fee, 3 game guarantee
- Uniform Contest for U7 and U8 Teams & Coaches
Lots of Fun for all ages during Soccerfest at Heritage Park on Saturday!
- Face Painting
- Food Trucks, Snow cones
- Rapids Bounce Houses and Fun
TEAM REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- Registration will open June 7.
- Deadline to register will be 8/15, but we could fill our flights earlier so DON’T WAIT to apply. Teams are accepted on first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration fees are $375 per U7 or U8 team and $425 per U9 through U13 team.
- Payment will be via check or credit card (entered into team application).
- NOTE: No application will be considered without receipt of payment by Real CO via check mailed to 8200 S. Akron St., Ste. 122, Centennial CO 80112 or credit card entered into online application.
- Payments will not be cashed/charged until team is accepted.
- It is our goal to complete the tournament on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (9/1-4/2016), however, if there are any weather issues over the weekend, games may roll over to Monday, 9/5, to be completed as early in the day as possible.
- All teams must be prepared to begin play as early as 5pm onThursday, 9/1 or Friday, 9/2.
- Preliminary Schedules will be available on or about Wednesday, 8/24.
CO RAPIDS SOCCERFEST TICKET OFFER:
- Information coming soon!
TEAM UNIFORM/EQUIPMENT/ROSTER INFO:
- Home team will provide game ball to be approved by center referee.
- All players must wear shin guards under their socks and soccer cleats.
- All U9-13 teams must wear matching uniforms; uniquely numbered jerseys, shorts, socks. (Tape is okay for adjusting numbers.)
- U7 and U8 teams must wear matching uniform or costumes for easy team recognition.
- Goalkeeper jerseys must be a different color from both teams uniform so as to be easily recognized as a goalkeeper.
- Players may only play for one team during the tournament.
- All teams are guaranteed 3 games.
|Birth Year||Age Grp||Format||Ball Size||Max Roster||# of Guest Players Allowed||Pool Play Length of Half (all half-times will be 5 mins.) **Championship Round- add 5 mins. to each half|
|2010||U7||4v4||#3||8||2 (included in total of 8)||20 mins.|
|2009||U8||5v5 incl gk||#3||10||3 (included in total of 10)||20 mins.|
|2008||U9||7v7||#4||12||4 (included in total of 12)||25 mins.|
|2007||U10||7v7||#4||12||4 (included in total of 12)||25 mins.|
|2006||U11||9v9||#4||16||5 (included in total of 16)||25 mins.**|
|2005||U12||9v9||#4||16||5 (included in total of 16)||25 mins.**|
|2004||U13||9v9||#5||16||5 (included in total of 16)||30 mins.**|
TEAM CREDENTIALS REQUIRED AT TEAM CHECK-IN:
- One representative of each team must attend Team Check-in, at the Real CO Office, 8200 S. Akron St., Ste. 122, Centennial CO 80112, on Wednesday, 8/31, 1-7pm.
- Field check-ins will be available 9/1-3, 60 mins. in advance of first game.
- All teams must provide 2 copies of their club certified roster, including signature of club registrar or state association.
- Teams must provide 2 copies of the Tournament Guest Player Roster, if applicable. Form located online soon.
- All teams must provide a Team Information Form, located online soon.
- ALL players must have signed medical releases, form located online MEDICAL RELEASE FORM to be reviewed at team check-in and kept in team possession throughout the tournament. If your team already has a medical release in place for each player, you can use that form. No requirement to use our form.
- U11 -U13 Teams must have player passes for each player.
- Posted online soon.
AWARDS FOR U9-U13 Divisions:
- First and second place teams will receive team trophies and player awards.
- All players and coaches will receive tournament gifts at team check-in.
AWARDS FOR U7 – U8 DIVISIONS:
- Player Awards will be given for Best Boys and Girls Team Costumes.
- Coach Awards will be given for Best Boys and Girls Coach Costumes.
- Coming Soon.
Your Guide to Mardi Gras at Casino Real
Mardi Gras at Casino Real
March 18, 2016, 6:00 – 11:00 p.m. (NEW START TIME)
The Liniger Building at CU South Denver
(Formerly Known as The Wildlife Experience)
10035 Peoria St., Parker, CO 80134
What is Casino Real?
Casino Real is Real Colorado’s biggest celebration of the year to benefit Real Colorado Soccer Complex. It is a very fun, community building evening when 500 of our membership and community leaders come together to support Real Colorado Soccer Complex, via silent and live auctions, chance drawings, and lots of fun! Every guest enjoys dinner, Casino Real gaming, and great socializing, as we fund our players’ new home. We are returning in 2016 to the Liniger Building at CU South Denver (fka Wildlife Experience) right down the street from Real Colorado Soccer Complex.
2015 Casino Real Goes Wild! — Let’s Light it Up! — Progress Report: Casino Real was a big success last year and due to the generosity of our members, we raised enough money to put the first phase of lights at Real Colorado Soccer Complex. The process of getting the lights up has taken longer than we anticipated due to the proximity to the airport. We are excited and relieved to be through the process with the FAA approving the lights and have moved on to getting the electrical design approved by Excel Energy. Once this process is completed, production of the lights will begin and it is our hope to have the lights installed by the 1st of the year.
We are grateful for all the support and anticipating the next phase of development at the complex. The sooner the complex is complete, the sooner our soccer community will have a home. If you would like to find out more about the plans for the complex, feel free to reach out to Jareds@realcolorado.net
You won’t want to miss Mardi Gras at Casino Real on Friday, March 18, 2016! See you there!
Event Registration and Donation Website:
Mardi Gras at Casino Real Online Auction Catalog:
ANY QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, IDEAS….contact Cindy Thomas, email@example.com
- Purchase tickets to attend
- Donate online
- Purchase Casino Real Gaming Tables
- Purchase Sponsorships
- View Mardi Gras at Casino Real Catalog
- Bid During our Online Auction – February 19-29, 2016
Casino Real 2016 Forms:
- Team Manager Packet
- 2016 Donor Form
- Table Sponsorship-Reservation Form
- Donation Ideas
- donation request letter
- Sponsorship Guide
- Win a Free Season of Real CO Soccer
Guest Ticket Sales:
- Table/Team Sponsorship – the Best Value and only way to sit with all your friends! See our Table Reservation Form above to reserve today!
- Individual tickets will go on sale on December 4, 2015 for $65 each.
- Price goes up on January 11, 2016 to $75 each.
- What to expect at Mardi Gras at Casino Real.
- whats the buzz about
- New entertainment with Mardi Gras theme: face painting, magician, tarot card and palm readings, and more!
- Friday, March 18, 2016, 6:00 – 11:00pm
- The Liniger Building at CU South Denver (fka Wildlife Experience), 10035 Peoria St., Parker, CO
- Silent Auction, Live Auction, Competitive & Recreational League Fee Chances, Apple Gift Card Chances
- Dinner, Dessert and Coffee
- Party Dress, no jeans or coaching attire, please…
- Table Sponsorships available for different levels of benefits (most economical way to attend and only way you can be guaranteed to sit with all your friends)
- Individual reservations available for $75 per guest, maximum seating together will be 4, when purchasing individual reservations.
- Register Early — this is a limited seating event and we sell out quickly!
- All Proceeds benefit Real Colorado’s Soccer Complex and our efforts to light our existing fields
Win a Free Season of Real CO Soccer DON’T MISS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY REAL SOCCER for the cost of a Chance — $4 for Rec tickets or 3 for $10 and $6 for Comp tickets or 3 for $15! Tickets available at the Real office and during the event.
Donate to Real on Colorado Gives Day!
“The evidence supporting sports participation for young people is overwhelming…It has the power to combat everything from racism to low self-image, to the high-school drop-out rate.”
–Sue Castle, Executive Producer of PBS Sports: Get in the Game
GIVE THE GIFT OF SOCCER AND HELP SHAPE A LIFE.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Real Colorado’s charter is to offer the opportunity to learn and play soccer to as many kids as possible.
Unfortunately, there are many families that must prioritize paying for basic needs over empowering their child with the benefits of playing team sports. The benefits of playing in team sports are many*:
- Kids who participate in sports attend school more,
- are more community and civic minded,
- get in less trouble, and tend to be more successful in the workplace.
- According to studies of corporate leaders in the country: The number who made honor role was less than 20% but those who played sports was 70% – 80%.
Real Colorado is proud to give approximately $80,000 in need-based aid yearly to open the opportunity to play soccer for kids across our State.
This holiday season, we ask you to come together as a soccer community to help us bring the benefits of team sports to more kids through donations to the Real Colorado Scholarship Fund. All monies in this fund go directly to helping families enrich the lives of their children through soccer.
On December 8th, join us for Colorado Gives Day, an annual statewide event when Coloradans come together at Givingfirst.org to raise millions of dollars for nonprofits like ours.
Click here to visit Real Colorado’s donation page to donate now or on Colorado Gives Day and thank you for helping us make a difference for kids in our community.
(*source: Paul Caccamo, the Harvard-educated executive director of Up2Us, a national coalition of community sports programs that teaches young athletes life lessons.)
Winter 5v5 Indoor League
Winter Indoor is back!
Back by popular demand, mark your calendars for our Winter Indoor 5v5 League
All U7 and older teams are encouraged to participate in this fun league with no practices, just games. Players enjoy a continuous game using the walls and playing to music – players get a fun experience without the pressure.
U7-U8 (Rec only) Tuesdays, 4:45 to 8:15pm start time
U9-U12 (Rec only) Thursdays, 4:45 to 8:15pm start time
U9 –U12 (JA and Competitive only) Saturdays, 5 to 7:30pm start time
- Format: 5v5 (4 field players + Keeper)
- Cost: $425 per team
- January 5 – February 25 (Tues & Thurs-8 weeks
- January 9 – February 13 (Saturday – 6 weeks)
- Location: Westridge Rec Center
- Registration: realcolorado.net under “Tournament”.
- Deadline: Midnight, December 5 or until league is full
All games will have a running clock with two 13 minutes halves. Tues and Thursday teams will play on half court. Saturday teams will play on full court. Recommended roster size is 7-10 players.
All registrations will be done as a team (No individual registrations.)
Playing different age groups and gender is expected.
**Registration deadline is midnight, Dec 5 or until league is full. All registrations are completed for a team (no individual registrations). Playing different age groups and gender is expected.
Real Colorado’s Cubbies Program
CUBBIES SPRING 2016 PROGRAM BEGINS APRIL 2ND – REGISTER TODAY
The CUBBIES program is offered to boys and girls with a birthday falling between 8/1/11 and 7/31/12 for the spring 2016 season. This fun and energetic program is designed to introduce our youngest players and their parents to the exciting game of soccer and the rewards of being part of a team. Every session is filled with age appropriate soccer activities and games that provide these young players with the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of soccer and have fun in their first soccer experience.
CUBBIES PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
Cubbies is a SIX-week program offered during the Fall and Spring recreational season. Cubbies sessions are all held on SATURDAYS. There are no practices during the week. Locations and times will be released soon so keep checking back.
Cubbies is a SIX-week program offered during the Fall and Spring recreational season. Cubbies sessions are all held on SATURDAYS, at Heritage Park in Highlands Ranch (SW corner of Lincoln & Quebec, behind HR Post Office). The girls Cubbies sessions run from 9:30am-10:15am. The boys Cubbies sessions run from 10:30am to 11:15am for the fall season. There are no practices during the week.
$70 PER season. You must register for the Fall and Spring season separately.
First 3 weeks: “Practice Phase”. Kids will be introduced to cooperative play and being part of a team. They will also have the opportunity to learn basic soccer skills in a fun and challenging environment.
Last 3 weeks: “Game Phase”. Games are played in a 1 vs 1 or 2 v 2 format with a maximum of 1-2 players from each team on the field at a time. Prior to each game Cubbies will warm up playing one or two of their favorite Cubbies activities that they learned during the “Practice Phase” sessions. Following the fun ‘warm up’ stage, each team will play a game against another Cubbies team. Each half will be 10 minutes in duration with a 5 minute break at the half.
Each Cubbie will need to bring to every session:
Size three soccer ball (will be used until age 8)
Shinguards with socks pulled up over the top! No shinguards= No play
Uniform: Real, reversible, red/white jersey MUST be purchased through Soccer Stop at University and County Line Rd. The jersey is offered alone or as part of a package. You can see the uniforms here, listed as U4-U8. Each child will also need shorts and socks but these may be generic. Players can wear cleats or tennis shoes.
Nothing brings a bigger smile to a child’s face than to have their Mom or Dad share their soccer experiences with them!
Each team will need parent volunteers to serve as head coach, assistant coach and team parent. If you do sign up to be a coach, please remember that Real Colorado is committed to providing support on and off the pitch for all of our volunteer coaches. We would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to step into a volunteer role for our Cubbies Program. You will have the opportunity to choose a volunteer role during your registration process.
Summer Indoor 5v5 League
Designed specifically for U7 – U10 teams (Fall 2015 age groups).
(Recreational and Jr. Academy) Teams will be scheduled based on skill level to the best of our ability. Playing different age groups and gender is possible.
The League will “kickoff” June 23 through July 30.
Format: 5v5 (4 field players + Keeper) continuous play with walls
Cost: $350 Per team
Roster: Recommended roster size 7-9 players
Location: Westridge Rec Center – Highlands Ranch – Tuesdays & Thursdays
Acceptance: First 6 teams in each age group and gender will be accepted. Teams will be notified by early June.
Registration: Opens April 10.
Deadline to register: midnight, May 29 or when program is full. All registration will be done as a team, no individual registration.
All games! – no practices
Tuesdays – U7 & U8 rec teams* – 4:45pm to 9pm Thursdays – U9 & U10 – rec and JA teams* – 4:45pm to 9pm *day of play might need to be adjusted to match best skill level
For rules or more info visit our website under Tournaments
Real Honors MVP Coaches
At the 2014 Colorado Soccer Association MVP and Awards Banquets, several Real Colorado coaches and players were honored. In each case, its an amazing testament to the dedication and spirit of fun all these individuals have, show and inspires.
Real Colorado recognizes the tremendous value that our recreational bring to the families they serve. Some start out coaching kids who seem barely knee high, and slowly foster a love of playing and having fun at a game that gradually resembles the game of soccer. As our players mature, these coaches often are the single biggest reason some kids continue participating in this healthy and active sport. These players may or may not have great talent on the soccer field, but what matters most is they continue to be part of a team and learn the many life lessons taught through sport, and this is a direct result of our coaches caring and making soccer fun.
During our 2014 seasons, our recreational program identified 2 coaches who best represent these qualities, and it’s with great thanks that we honor them and their families. These were nominated to Colorado Soccer Association, formerly Colorado Youth Soccer, for recognition as Colorado Soccer Association Coaches of the Year – Recreational Boys and Recreational Girls.
Congratulations and Thank You to all of Real Colorado’s Volunteer Coaches from 2014:
2014 Real Colorado Boys Recreational Coach of the Year – Ed Shroyer
2014 Real Colorado Girls Recreational Coach of the Year – Jesse Olave
2014 Real Colorado Girls Competitive Coach of the Year – Russ Lentine
2014 Real Colorado Boys Competitive Coach of the Year – Mike Mikes
2014 Real Colorado USY National Championship Series – State Cup MVP’s
Join Real Colorado for soccer skill building led by our professional coaches, designed to fine-tune your player’s game while having fun along the way. Our camps offer preschool through elite competitive players an age and ability appropriate opportunity to learn skills like dribbling, passing, receiving, shooting and playing in small games. Whether you’re a beginner or a competitor, we have a camp for you!
We hope to see your player for a fun and engaging soccer experience during any of our upcoming camps. All participants should bring water, a soccer ball and wear athletic clothing with shin guards.
Recreational Camps: Join Real Colorado for soccer skill building led by our coaches, designed to fine-tune your player’s game while having fun along the way. Our camps offer your player an engaging soccer experience while learning skills like dribbling, passing, receiving, shooting, and playing in small games. Whether you’re a beginner or a competitor, we have a camp for you! – Questions – Skyed@realcolorado.net
Summer Soccer Indoor Skills Clinic:
Designed specifically for players born in 2009, 2010 & 2011
***Special Session just added – 2007 Girls on Tuesday nights!!
The Indoor Skills Clinic will “kickoff” June 14 through July 21.
- Format: 25 minutes of skills training – 25 minutes of game time
- Coaches: Real Staff Coaches will run all sessions!
- Cost: $115 per player – includes t-shirt!
- Length: 6 weeks of instruction – 50 minutes each night
- Location: Westridge Rec Center – Highlands Ranch
- Days: Boys = Tuesdays Girls = Thursdays
- Times: 2011 birth year – 4:45pm to 5:35pm
- 2010 and 2009 birth year – 5:45pm to 8:45pm
- Acceptance: Limited openings available based on birth year and gender. Register NOW! Schedules will be released week of June 6.
Deadline to register is midnight, June 3 or when program is full.
For any questions please email Alexis Nieves @ firstname.lastname@example.org
or Sara Connolly @ email@example.com
Developmental Centers: Can be a competitive path where players are working on skills to tryout for the Junior Academy or Competitive. Questions – Skyed@realcolorado.net
TBA Schedule and Times
Competitive Camps: Check back for new opportunities regularly
Goalkeeping Camps: Check back for new opportunities regularly
- Footability LIVE: is an unparalleled technical training camp. It’s our ultimate goal to take ALL players to the next level, while creating “difference makers” on the soccer field.
- Highlands Ranch – Tuesday July 5 – Friday July 8, 2016 – Registration Is Open!
- Session Times: Daily 9AM-12PM
- Boys and Girls ages 7-15 Welcome!
- Rocky Heights Middle School/Rock Canyon High School
- 11033 Monarch Blvd. Highlands Ranch, CO 80124
- Questions – ChrisM@realcolorado.net
Real Teams: Adopt-a-Family this Holiday Season
The Adopt a Family program is designed to help families in need during the holiday season. You or your team can decide the size of the family they wish to sponsor, # of families, and if they would like to include the parents. Some donors provide gifts for only the children, some provide for the whole family. Some provide gift cards so parents can be empowered to continue the holiday shopping tradition for their families and some donors love the shopping experience & the buy gifts themselves. Some donors also choose to provide grocery cards so the parents can purchase their family holiday meal according to their family traditions and / or religious beliefs.
Generosity such as yours contributes to making the holiday season more bearable for our families in need. As a non-profit institution, Children’s Hospital Colorado depends on the generosity of the community to help meet the needs of its patients and their families.
Your player, family, or team can Adopt-a-Family this year. It’s easy:
1) Contact Valynne Fabrizio at Children’s Hospital Colorado at Valynne.firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-777-2617.
2) Let her know the size of family you are interested in adopting and that you are part of Real Colorado.
3) Would you like to adopt the entire family, meaning parents, or only the children?
4) The week of Dec. 13th and not later than December 18th, deliver your unwrapped wish list items to Children’s Hospital where they will be gift wrapped and delivered to your adopted family on your behalf.
This program is a great opportunity for our Real family to give back to our local community. We hope you’ll join us in adopting a family this winter!
For those with a creative mind, make a movie of your team shopping, preparing and delivering the gifts. Make it approx. a minute in length and I will publish it on our social media for all to share. The team with the most likes will get Nike training shirts as a reward. Have fun!
A Story Worth Sharing
As some of you know, who have participated in the past, each year I send out a sad but wonderful story of one family’s experience and emotion because of the generosity of our donors. Well this year I have a happy fun story for you all! As you know the person who greets you at drop off is typically wearing an Elf vest and hat, to differentiate the Adopt a Family group from all the other things going on at the hospital at that time. This past season as I was waiting up front, a little girl, about 4 years old, tugged on my Elf vest and wanted to know the following:
- Was I a real Elf
- If so, why was I so tall
- If I could relay messages to Santa for her
- How many Elves were there total
- Why was I at Children’s Hospital and not at Santa’s workshop building toys for the little children
- What was I doing at Children’s Hospital
I proceeded to answer her questions as best as I could as her Grandpa stood behind her with a giant smile on his face, thanking me for taking time to talk to his sweet granddaughter. I then asked her if she had written a letter and put it in the mail herself, in which she responded she had not because her hospital room did not have a chimney and how would anyone get to her there. After a 10 minute conversation I went on my way, pulling my many wagons and smiling because she brightened my entire week. A few days later I was at the hospital for a Saturday pick up and as I am pulling my wagon through the Atrium I see a little girl running towards me, low and behold it was this same little girl and she wanted to know if I remembered her. Of course I did I exclaimed, she then hugged my leg and told me she just wanted me to know that she put her letter in the mail and as I looked up the grandpa winked at me and smiled. I again went on my way in amazement of the holidays, the wonderful donors and all the great people and corporations that make this possible for us year after year!
Each year, for the 5 that I have been able to participate in, I meet the donors and some of the families that are nominated and they are always so appreciative, thankful and in disbelief that there are people, such as yourselves, that out of the kindness of your hearts make the holidays a pleasant experience for others.
Real’s Record-Breaking Year Earns National Attention
Real Colorado Soccer, a community based, non-profit youth soccer organization committed to helping each player learn, grow, and celebrate his or her love of the game, today announces the most successful year in its history, reaching new milestones and raising the club’s reputation on the national youth soccer stage.