Real Colorado – Improving the Way Players Are Placed.
In the competitive program at Real Colorado, we believe the body of work is more important than a moment. Inline with that, we wanted to lay out our player placement plans in forming teams for the fall 2017 season and want to set out the expectations in advance.
- To make sure, as families, you know important dates and how the process works.
- To make sure our coaches know that you know that we know they know how the process works.
- For our new U11 teams, the 2007 birthyear, we will still have formal tryouts as we believe they are an important part to getting players placed correctly for the first time in our competitive program.
- March – coaches are entering the roster information into online documents to help ensure easy communication within age groups.
- May 5th – deadline for U11-U14 players to receive a written evaluation from the coach. Real has a recommended form and coaches are expected to complete all the scoring sections, but are limited to comments in two (2) of the comment boxes.
- May 23rd – deadline for coaches meeting to finalize fall 2017 rosters.
- May 24th – deadline for players to receive an email or phone call in regards to their placement for fall 2017. An instruction email will go out to the primary email address extending the offer for player placement with instructions for acceptance. A phone call will be made to families who are moving down.
- May 25-29 Memorial Day weekend – Teams will play in the Real Colorado Cup and Colorado Showcase. Players will play with their spring 2017 team unless they are a 2002 or older player in our girls program. Those players will play with their fall 2016 teams.
- May 30th, 12:00 noon – deadline for players to accept their position on the team. Following the instructions of the player placement email on May 24th, each player will accept their spot by contacting the coach, registering and paying the 1st payment towards fall 2017 fees.
- After this point, the player placement spot is no longer guaranteed and can be offered to players from both inside and outside of Real Colorado
- We strongly recommend talking with your coach in regards to your plans of trying out elsewhere in advance of this deadline so an individual communication plan can be set and expectations from both sides can be fairly put in place.
- Week of May 30th – tryouts for out of club players will take place. To help evaluate players from outside of Real Colorado, our fall 2017 white teams will be asked to attend. Our white team players will NOT be evaluated at the tryouts and are only there to help us evaluate players we are not as familiar with in terms of their skills.
- Week of June 5th – Coaches will have team meetings to introduce their new team families to each other. Coaches will lay out the plans for the summer and fall as well.
It is our firm belief that this is the best way for player placement to take place. The message we are trying to reinforce is that the body of work over a period of time is the best way to measure the placement of a player within Real.
The information below is generally applicable to all our programs in the competitive, ECNL and DA programs, but particulars related to player placement in the ECNL and DA are clearly outlined within their own program information on the website.