Real Colorado Cup Tournament featuring Colorado Showcase
The 2021 Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase – May 27-31, 2021
We are expecting a terrific tournament in 2021. Whatever the circumstances may be, we are looking forward to welcoming teams back to Colorado’s biggest and best tournament for great soccer at all ages, recruiting opportunities and mostly the opportunity to just play the game we all love! More details and information will be posted soon, so please check back.
2021 Real CO Cup Details
APPLY NOW — Registration is OPEN
YES — the Real CO Cup featuring the Colorado Showcase will be back for Memorial Day Weekend, 2021!
HOW WILL IT BE AFFECTED BY COVID -19
- 1/1/2021 Update – Just as in most aspects of life, nothing is certain right now. We are very confident based on current trends in Colorado and multiple discussions with our field providers, the 2021 Real CO Cup will happen!
- At the minimum, we will be able to use our normal field sites on a limited basis. This is enough assurance we need to get started with applications and planning.
- Best case scenario is we will once again be able to welcome a full schedule of teams — approximately 600.
- We expect to be somewhere in between.
- There will be COVID accommodations, as our top priority will be to keep all participants safe!
- We won’t know the extent of these accommodations until May but they could include fields of play spaced further apart, limited or no spectators, touchless field check-in, longer periods of time between end and start of games to clear fields, shortened games or adjusted schedules to allow for more games to be played.
- Based on school schedules around Memorial Day, as well as the bracket numbers and sizes, there could be adjustments to game start times, especially on Thursday, 5/27 and Friday, 5/28. Teams will be contacted in advance, should start times earlier than 4pm on Thursday or Friday become possible, before any scheduling prior to 4pm. If you have questions about this, please don’t hesitate to contact me, email@example.com.**
- Although we are very optimistic that the 2021 Real CO Cup will take place, if COVID prevents it, any fees that have been charged will be 100% refunded.
- May 27-31, 2021, Memorial Day Weekend
- Local teams including Colorado Springs, Boulder and Ft. Collins teams will begin play on Thursday, 5/27, 4:00, pm.**
- All out of state teams must be ready to play at 4:00, pm, on Friday, 5/28.**
- All championships will be played on Monday, 5/31, at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park (U15+) and Aurora Sports Park (U10-14)
- All traveling teams should be advised that there is no guaranteed end time for Monday games so departing flights or driving departures should not be planned prior to 7pm on Monday, 5/31.
- Deadline to enter is April 19, but we will close age groups as we fill so DON’T WAIT!
- Since we really can’t say how many teams we will be able to accept, teams should apply as early as they can!
- APPLY NOW
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Park (U15+ teams) – 6000 Victory Way, Commerce City, CO 80022
- Aurora Sports Park (U10-11-12-13-14 teams) – 18601 E. Sports Park Drive, Aurora, CO 80011
- Dove Valley (U10-11-12-13-14 teams) – 13655 Broncos Parkway, Englewood CO 80112
- Broomfield Commons (all age groups) — 13200 Sheridan Blvd., Broomfield, CO 80020
- NOTE: we try to keep teams playing at the same location throughout, however, there is the strong possibility that teams could be at multiple sites during the tournament so please be prepared.
COLORADO SHOWCASE DIVISION:
- All U15+ (2002-2005) teams will play in the Colorado Showcase Division.
- 3 Game Guarantee, with brackets of 4, 8 or 5, as allowed by numbers of teams
- Finalists and Champions will receive team and player awards in all brackets
- We are expecting more college coaches than ever, given the lack of recruiting opportunities since March, 2020, due to COVID.
- APPLY EARLY!
REAL COLORADO CUP DIVISION:
- U10-14 teams will play in the Real CO Cup Division
- 4 game guarantee for all teams
- Finalists and Champions will receive team and player awards in all brackets
COLORADO RAPIDS GAME TICKETS:
- Because of COVID, the 2020 MLS season took place without any fans in attendance. Unfortunately, there is no clarity as to when fans might be able to return to the stands for the 2021 season. Therefore, the Colorado Rapids are unable to guarantee game tickets to 2021 Real CO Cup attendees, as they always have.
- Should a change to the MLS policy occur during the planning of the 2021 Real CO Cup, the Rapids will be offering tickets to participating teams on an optional basis.
- Real Colorado will be providing contact information for our teams to the Rapids to assist them in reaching out to share any opportunities to attend the Rapids game to be played during the Real CO Cup.
FORMAT AND FEES:
- 9v9 Teams: U10, U11, U12 $795
- 11v11 Teams: U13, U14 $960
- 11v11 Teams: U15 – U19 $1260
- Any team wishing to play up in age group will be charged the fee for that age group, i.e., U12 tms playing U13 fee =$960
STAY TO PLAY REQUIREMENT:
- All teams requiring a hotel stay must make their reservations via Anthony Travel.
- We will offer many choices of hotels!
- Book early to get your preferred location, room format and price.
- Information to book is available here.
COLORADO SHOWCASE NATIONAL COMBINE:
- National Soccer Combine will be back in 2021 – Info coming soon.
- 610 teams played in the 2019 Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase
- 16 states were represented!
- 200+ college coaches were in attendance for the CO Showcase
- Deadline to enter is April 19, 2021, but we will close age groups as we fill so DON’T WAIT!
- APPLY NOW
QUESTIONS: Cindy Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org
All teams playing in the 2021 Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase are required to make their hotel reservations through Anthony Travel at one of the Real CO Cup specified hotels. Any team not following this directive will not be scheduled to play in the tournament and no refund will be provided.
All information maybe found and reservations made by clicking here
Nat'l Soccer Combine -- Info Coming Soon
The National Soccer Combine will be back for 2021. All information will be posted soon
This event will bring college coaches in to evaluate players prior to
the tournament to identify them and then follow them throughout the
tournament. The Combine contains athletic and skill assessment for
players and short, controlled scrimmage games (3v3, 6v6). There will
also be goalkeeper specific skills assessments.
NOTE: players do not need to be playing in the tournament to participate
in the Combine. Participation is on an individual basis. It is not
necessary for entire teams to sign up, although they can.
Questions and more information, contact Combine Director at :
College Coach Registration -- Info Coming Soon
We are looking forward to hosting you over Memorial Day Weekend, 5/28-31, 2021. Details on how college coaches can register to attend will be posted soon.
Applicants to 2021 Real Cup -- Available Soon
The link to 2021 applicants will be available beginning in February, 2021.
Fields and Site Maps
Click these links for area map of hotels and fields and site maps.
Dick’s Sporting Goods Park — 6000 Victory Parkway, Commerce City, CO 80022
Aurora Sports Park – 18601 E. Sports Park Dr., Aurora, CO 80011
Dove Valley Regional Park — 13655 Broncos Parkway, Englewood, CO 80112-4150
Broomfield County Commons Park – 13200 Sheridan Blvd., Broomfield, CO 80020
Guest Playing in the Real Cup
If you would like to be a guest player in the Real CO Cup featuring the CO Showcase and are wanting to make your availability known to team coaches, you can register in Gotsoccer by clicking here.
Team coaches can go to our Guest Player Pool via their team applications to the Real CO Cup/CO Showcase to search for players they might want to add to their roster for the tournament, so this is the best way to reach out. Guest players can be from states other than their home state. Information on how to accomplish this is included in the Team Online Check-in Information, received by and available to all teams.
If you are a team/coach looking for guest players the guest player pool can be accessed from within your team application or your coach account under “Your Events”. You can find players by age group, gender and position, as well as information on how to contact them, there.
Be a Real Cup Referee - Info Coming Soon
Team Check-In - Online and Touchless - Info available in March
Tournament Check-in will be online and touchless for all teams. Details will be posted in March, 2021.
Real CO Cup Forms
USYS Permission to Host – coming soon
US CLUB Sanctioning Approval – coming soon
USYS Permission to Travel Form — All USYS teams from outside Region IV must have this form if they are having guest players from any other team (even if from within the same club).. It is unique to your home state so we cannot provide a sample. Please contact your state association for proper form and procedure. This form must be uploaded into your team check-in documents as per the Real CO Cup Online Check-in Procedures.
USYS Interstate Permission Form — This form is required for a player from one state to play on a team from another state in a tournament. Example: a player from WA is coming to play on a CO team OR if a CO player is playing on an AZ team in the Real Cup.
RCC Policy/Rule Acknowledgement and Team Info Form — This form must be completed by every team playing in the Real CO Cup and must be uploaded into team check-in documents as per the Real CO Cup Online Check-in Procedures. **2021 Form coming in March.
Real Cup Check-in Frequently Asked Questions — Answers to Frequently asked Team Check-in Questions
Medical Release — all players must have some form of a medical release present at the Real CO Cup. This form is acceptable if desired.