Competitive News & Events
Donate to Real on Colorado Gives Day!
“The evidence supporting sports participation for young people is overwhelming…It has the power to combat everything from racism to low self-image, to the high-school drop-out rate.”
–Sue Castle, Executive Producer of PBS Sports: Get in the Game
GIVE THE GIFT OF SOCCER AND HELP SHAPE A LIFE.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Real Colorado’s charter is to offer the opportunity to learn and play soccer to as many kids as possible.
Unfortunately, there are many families that must prioritize paying for basic needs over empowering their child with the benefits of playing team sports. The benefits of playing in team sports are many*:
- Kids who participate in sports attend school more,
- are more community and civic minded,
- get in less trouble, and tend to be more successful in the workplace.
- According to studies of corporate leaders in the country: The number who made honor role was less than 20% but those who played sports was 70% – 80%.
Real Colorado is proud to give approximately $80,000 in need-based aid yearly to open the opportunity to play soccer for kids across our State.
This holiday season, we ask you to come together as a soccer community to help us bring the benefits of team sports to more kids through donations to the Real Colorado Scholarship Fund. All monies in this fund go directly to helping families enrich the lives of their children through soccer.
On December 8th, join us for Colorado Gives Day, an annual statewide event when Coloradans come together at Givingfirst.org to raise millions of dollars for nonprofits like ours.
Click here to visit Real Colorado’s donation page to donate now or on Colorado Gives Day and thank you for helping us make a difference for kids in our community.
(*source: Paul Caccamo, the Harvard-educated executive director of Up2Us, a national coalition of community sports programs that teaches young athletes life lessons.)
Your Guide to Mardi Gras at Casino Real
Mardi Gras at Casino Real
March 18, 2016, 5:30 – 11:00 p.m.
The Liniger Building at CU South Denver
(Formerly Known as The Wildlife Experience)
10035 Peoria St., Parker, CO 80134
What is Casino Real?
Casino Real is Real Colorado’s biggest celebration of the year to benefit Real Colorado Soccer Complex. It is a very fun, community building evening when 500 of our membership and community leaders come together to support Real Colorado Soccer Complex, via silent and live auctions, chance drawings, and lots of fun! Every guest enjoys dinner, Casino Real gaming, and great socializing, as we fund our players’ new home. We are returning in 2016 to the Liniger Building at CU South Denver (fka Wildlife Experience) right down the street from Real Colorado Soccer Complex.
2015 Casino Real Goes Wild! — Let’s Light it Up! — Progress Report: Casino Real was a big success last year and due to the generosity of our members, we raised enough money to put the first phase of lights at Real Colorado Soccer Complex. The process of getting the lights up has taken longer than we anticipated due to the proximity to the airport. We are excited and relieved to be through the process with the FAA approving the lights and have moved on to getting the electrical design approved by Excel Energy. Once this process is completed, production of the lights will begin and it is our hope to have the lights installed by the 1st of the year.
We are grateful for all the support and anticipating the next phase of development at the complex. The sooner the complex is complete, the sooner our soccer community will have a home. If you would like to find out more about the plans for the complex, feel free to reach out to Jareds@realcolorado.net
You won’t want to miss Mardi Gras at Casino Real on Friday, March 18, 2016! See you there!
Event Registration and Donation Website:
Mardi Gras at Casino Real Online Auction Catalog:
ANY QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, IDEAS….contact Cindy Thomas, email@example.com
- Purchase tickets to attend
- Donate online
- Purchase Casino Real Gaming Tables
- Purchase Sponsorships
- View Mardi Gras at Casino Real Catalog
- Bid During our Online Auction – February 19-29, 2016
Casino Real 2016 Forms:
- Team Manager Packet
- 2016 Donor Form
- Table Sponsorship-Reservation Form
- Donation Ideas
- donation request letter
- Sponsorship Guide
- Win a Free Season of Real CO Soccer
- What to Expect at Mardi Gras at Casino Real
Guest Ticket Sales:
- Table/Team Sponsorship – the Best Value and only way to sit with all your friends! See our Table Reservation Form above to reserve today!
- Individual tickets will go on sale on December 4, 2015 for $65 each.
- Price goes up on January 11, 2016 to $75 each.
- New entertainment with Mardi Gras theme: face painting, magician, tarot card and palm readings, and more!
- Friday, March 18, 2016, 5:30 – 11:00pm
- The Liniger Building at CU South Denver (fka Wildlife Experience), 10035 Peoria St., Parker, CO
- Silent Auction, Live Auction, Competitive & Recreational League Fee Chances, Apple Gift Card Chances
- Dinner, Dessert and Coffee
- Party Dress, no jeans or coaching attire, please…
- Table Sponsorships available for different levels of benefits (most economical way to attend and only way you can be guaranteed to sit with all your friends)
- Individual reservations available for $75 per guest, maximum seating together will be 4, when purchasing individual reservations.
- Register Early — this is a limited seating event and we sell out quickly!
- All Proceeds benefit Real Colorado’s Soccer Complex and our efforts to light our existing fields
Win a Free Season of Real CO Soccer DON’T MISS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY REAL SOCCER for the cost of a Chance — $4 for Rec tickets or 3 for $10 and $6 for Comp tickets or 3 for $15! Tickets available at the Real office and during the event.
Winter 5v5 Indoor League
Winter Indoor is back!
Back by popular demand, mark your calendars for our Winter Indoor 5v5 League
All U7 and older teams are encouraged to participate in this fun league with no practices, just games. Players enjoy a continuous game using the walls and playing to music – players get a fun experience without the pressure.
U7-U8 (Rec only) Tuesdays, 4:45 to 8:15pm start time
U9-U12 (Rec only) Thursdays, 4:45 to 8:15pm start time
U9 –U12 (JA and Competitive only) Saturdays, 5 to 7:30pm start time
- Format: 5v5 (4 field players + Keeper)
- Cost: $425 per team
- January 5 – February 25 (Tues & Thurs-8 weeks
- January 9 – February 13 (Saturday – 6 weeks)
- Location: Westridge Rec Center
- Registration: realcolorado.net under “Tournament”.
- Deadline: Midnight, December 5 or until league is full
All games will have a running clock with two 13 minutes halves. Tues and Thursday teams will play on half court. Saturday teams will play on full court. Recommended roster size is 7-10 players.
All registrations will be done as a team (No individual registrations.)
Playing different age groups and gender is expected.
**Registration deadline is midnight, Dec 5 or until league is full. All registrations are completed for a team (no individual registrations). Playing different age groups and gender is expected.
US Soccer Development Academy Update – May 2nd and 3rd, 2015
The US Soccer Development Academy, www.USSoccer.com, was implemented in 2007 to raise the level of dedication and identification of male players for the US National team program. 78 clubs in the nation were selected to compete nationally at the U16 & U18 boys age groups. Our U16’s boys currently sit in 2nd place and are inching closer to a playoff birth.
May 2nd, 2015
- U18 Boys Academy vs Dallas Texans – Real Colorado Soccer Complex – 10:00 am
- U16 Boys Academy vs Dallas Texans – Real Colorado Soccer Complex – 12:30 pm
May 3rd, 2015
- U18 Boys Academy vs Andromeda- Real Colorado Soccer Complex – 10:00 am
- U16 Boys Academy vs Andromeda- Real Colorado Soccer Complex – 12:30 pm
State Cup Update – May 3rd, 2015-
The US Youth National Championship series consists of a year long series of tournaments beginning with the first stage of competing for a State Championship, followed by a Regional Championship for the State winners and ending with a National Championship tournament for the Regional winners. Real Colorado has 6 teams in the finals this weekend and would love to have your support!
- U13 Girls National vs Colorado Storm North – ASP #TBD – 9:30 am
- U13 Boys National vs Boulder Elite- ASP #TBD – 10:30 am
- U12 Boys National vs Colorado Rush – ASP #TBD – 12:30 am
- U15 Boys National vs Arsenal Gold – NAAC – 11:30 am
- U16 Boys National vs Colorado Storm – NAAC – 2:00 pm
- U18 Boys National vs Westminster – NAAC – 7:00 pm
Don’t forget to check out our Real Colorado Facebook page for great photos and results from the competitions.
Foxes get new Partners
Real Colorado, the Pride Soccer Club, and the Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC are working together to take professional men’s soccer development to the next level in the State of Colorado.
The Real Colorado Foxes have been based in Douglas County, Colorado, since 2008 and owned/operated by Real Colorado. The Foxes have competed in the Premier Development League (PDL), the college/amateur division of the United Soccer League (USL), and provided an important step in between boy’s club and men’s professional soccer, and is the only such team in the State.
Switchbacks Head Coach Steve Trittschuh, Real Colorado President Lorne Donaldson, and Pride Soccer’s Executive Director Candy Brooks have teamed up to establish the clearest path for top players in the State by providing the best cooperation, guidance, coaches’ training, and playing opportunities available for young men.
Real Colorado is focused on fully funding its US Developmental Academy to allow top players to gain the experience they need without the cost. At the same time, its focused on providing next step opportunities for players beyond club through the Foxes. “For players’ development to be reality, it was important for Real Colorado Academy to join forces with the Switchbacks (USL) and continue working with the Colorado Foxes (PDL),” said Lorne Donaldson. “This structure will give talented players the opportunity to develop as true professionals.”
“It is encouraging to see this level of cooperation and combined effort between the USL Colorado Springs Switchbacks and U.S. Soccer Development Academy club Real Colorado to help enhance their academy program by providing additional resources and creating opportunities to further develop players along a more complete pathway,” said Tony Lepore, U.S. Soccer Director of Scouting.
The Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC is focused on winning in its first professional year competing in the Western Conference of the USL against teams like Sounders 2, Sacramento Republic, Timbers 2, Real Monarchs, etc. At the same time, Coach Trittschuh is underscoring the importance of partnerships with top developmental clubs in the State in order to identify up and coming Colorado talent through the Foxes. Coach Steve Trittschuh said, “I am excited about this partnership with Real Colorado and Pride Soccer. The Switchbacks will be giving the opportunity to elite players and those players with aspirations to play professional soccer. The players involved with Foxes, the U.S. Soccer Developmental Academy and those elite players from Pride Soccer will be identified by the coaching staff and given opportunities to play in the USL for the Switchbacks FC. These partnerships are very important in identifying and developing players to play at the highest level of soccer.”
The Pride Soccer Club is looking to grow its boy’s developmental program by adding more opportunities for top male athletes beyond club through the Foxes. “As a club are excited to launch our new partnership with the Switchbacks and Real. We believe alliances like ours will be an integral part in the identification and development of soccer talent in Colorado,” said Candy Brooks.
By 2016, the expectation is that the Colorado Foxes PDL franchise will change ownership from Real Colorado to the Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC and change location to Castle Rock, Colorado. Developmental club partnerships with the Foxes and Switchbacks will be a key method for the Foxes PDL to play a key role in the professional process well into the future.
The Switchbacks play their inaugural game this weekend against the Oklahoma City Energy FC. Two starters on the Switchbacks are native to Colorado, Aaron King (Denver) and Davy Armstrong (Aurora). The expectation is that Colorado develops more and more professional soccer athletes that could spring board from Colorado with opportunities to play around the World.
Real Honors MVP Coaches
At the 2014 Colorado Soccer Association MVP and Awards Banquets, several Real Colorado coaches and players were honored. In each case, its an amazing testament to the dedication and spirit of fun all these individuals have, show and inspires.
Real Colorado recognizes the tremendous value that our recreational bring to the families they serve. Some start out coaching kids who seem barely knee high, and slowly foster a love of playing and having fun at a game that gradually resembles the game of soccer. As our players mature, these coaches often are the single biggest reason some kids continue participating in this healthy and active sport. These players may or may not have great talent on the soccer field, but what matters most is they continue to be part of a team and learn the many life lessons taught through sport, and this is a direct result of our coaches caring and making soccer fun.
During our 2014 seasons, our recreational program identified 2 coaches who best represent these qualities, and it’s with great thanks that we honor them and their families. These were nominated to Colorado Soccer Association, formerly Colorado Youth Soccer, for recognition as Colorado Soccer Association Coaches of the Year – Recreational Boys and Recreational Girls.
Congratulations and Thank You to all of Real Colorado’s Volunteer Coaches from 2014:
2014 Real Colorado Boys Recreational Coach of the Year – Ed Shroyer
2014 Real Colorado Girls Recreational Coach of the Year – Jesse Olave
2014 Real Colorado Girls Competitive Coach of the Year – Russ Lentine
2014 Real Colorado Boys Competitive Coach of the Year – Mike Mikes
2014 Real Colorado USY National Championship Series – State Cup MVP’s
Real Colorado Alumni Drafted
Real Colorado alumni Jaelene Hinkle and Amadou “T” Dia have some things in common. Both starred at Real Colorado with their youth teams, both earned US Soccer Youth National Team opportunities, both starred at their respective schools after h.s. graduation at Texas Tech and Clemson, respectively. And now both have been drafted by their respective professional organizations to continue their remarkable runs in soccer. We are so proud of them, excited for them, excited for their families and all our young players that will continue to reach for their dreams and be like Jae and T.
Jaelene Hinkle – 1st Round – 2015 NWSL Draft – Western New York Flash.
“We knew Jaelene was a special player from the first day she set foot on campus,” Tech head coach Tom Stone said. “Throughout her career it became clear, though, that who she was a young lady, a leader and a student was even more impressive that her game. Jaelene has worked extremely hard for this opportunity and we are thrilled to see her get the chance to play professional soccer.” Full Texas Tech Press Release.
Amadou Dia – 1st Round – 2015 MLS SuperDraft – Sporting Kansas City
“I’m very excited for Amadou and proud of Clemson men’s soccer,” head coach Mike Noonan said. “Developing players for their future is one of the focuses of the program.” Full Clemson Soccer Press Release
Join Real Colorado for soccer skill building led by our professional coaches, designed to fine-tune your player’s game while having fun along the way. Our camps offer preschool through elite competitive players an age and ability appropriate opportunity to learn skills like dribbling, passing, receiving, shooting and playing in small games. Whether you’re a beginner or a competitor, we have a camp for you!
We hope to see your player for a fun and engaging soccer experience during any of our upcoming camps. All participants should bring water, a soccer ball and wear athletic clothing with shin guards.
- Developmental Center: Can be a competitive path where players are working on skills to tryout for the Junior Academy or Competitive. For more information visit the Developmental Center tab under camps.
- Winter Junior Academy Skills Center: Only for CURRENT Junior Academy players and Premier Rec (Prep) players. Visit the Junior Academy tab for more information.
- Spring Break Recreational Camps: Give your U5– U14 player a fun and engaging soccer experience this Season.
- Cubbies Recreational Summer Camps: Give your 3 or 4 year old player an interactive soccer experience filled with fun games.
- Foxes Team Training Clinics: for Recreational and Competitive teams with flexible scheduling. Click here for details and registration
- Footability LIVE: is an unparalleled technical training camp. It’s our ultimate goal to take ALL players to the next level, while creating “difference makers” on the soccer field.
Camp questions? Click on any of the Camps above to be directed to Camp coach and registration contacts.
U17 Athletico Wows College Coaches in Raleigh….
With 3-nil wins over Beach FC & CASL plus a 3-1 win over Weston, the U17 Athletico girls showed approx. 100 college coaches at the CASL Girls Showcase what makes them one of Real’s most successful 2nd teams. Athletico 97/98 went on to win their bracket & group besting Team Boca & Michigan Hawks on the other side.
The depth of talent in the 97/98 age girls’ group necessitated the creation of a special Athletico team back at U11-second to a National team that is routinely in the top 10 in the country. Athletico has proven year after year to be worthy of its unique 2nd team name with wins over ECNL teams and high finishes in state cup & Superleague. This fall’s league results included a victory of the U18 Pride Predators who are ranked 28th in the country.
With the depth of talent in this age group, Athletico 97/98 players have been pulled up by Real CO’s U17 & U18 ECNL teams as well as other ECNL clubs around the country. Players are being sought after by D1, D2 & D3 programs. Way to go Real CO Athletico!!
Off Season Training Opportunity
Team Managers and Coaches,
Sterling’s Team Speed is a valuable resource that is available to all Real Colorado players during the off-season. With games ending the first week of November and resuming in March, teams are encouraged to participate in off-season training to make gains in sports performance for the upcoming 2015 Spring soccer season. We are highly recommending that all teams participate. To register your team, please follow the steps below:
- Contact Kira at Sterling’s Team Speed – firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-220-8094
- Request your day(s) and time(s) that your team would like to train (training is scheduled on the half hour)
- Request how many weeks your team would like to train during the off season (recommended 10-16 weeks, 1-2x/week)
- A 50% deposit is due within one week of making your training reservation
- Contract, waivers and training instructions will be emailed back to you to get your team started
Sample request: The U15 _______ boys/girls team would like to train for 16 weeks on Mondays at 530 starting November 10 and ending Feb 23.
To find out more information about Sterling’s Team Speed visit www.teamspeedco.com