Competitive News & Events
Your Guide to Casino Real Goes Wild – Let’s Light it Up!
Casino Real Goes Wild – Let’s Light it Up!
March 13, 2015, 5:30 – 11:00 p.m.
The Liniger Building at CU South Denver
(Formerly Known as The Wildlife Experience)
10035 Peoria St., Parker, CO 80134
What is Casino Real?
Casino Real is Real Colorado’s biggest celebration of the year to benefit Real Colorado Soccer Complex. It is a very fun, community building evening when 500 of our membership and community leaders come together to support Real Colorado Soccer Complex, via silent and live auctions, chance drawings, and lots of fun! Every guest enjoys dinner, Casino Real gaming, and great socializing, as we fund our players’ new home. We are returning in 2015 to the Liniger Building at CU South Denver (fka Wildlife Experience) right down the street from Real Colorado Soccer Complex.
This year’s event proceeds will help us add lights to our first fields at Real Colorado Soccer Complex – offering more options for practice times, evening events and more. Want to know what’s new with the build-out of our Complex and see how Casino Real has a direct impact? Click here to visit our updated Real Colorado Soccer Complex page.
You won’t want to miss CASINO REAL GOES WILD – Let’s Light it Up! on Friday, March 13, 2015! See you there!
Event Registration and Donation Website:
Casino Real Goes Wild! Online Auction Catalog:
ANY QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, IDEAS….contact Cindy Thomas, email@example.com
- Purchase tickets to attend
- Donate online
- Purchase Casino Real Gaming Tables
- Purchase Sponsorships
- View Casino Real Goes Wild! Catalog
- Bid During our Online Auction – February 13 – 23, 2015
Casino Real 2015 Forms:
- Team Manager Guide to Casino Real
- Casino Real Goes Wild Donor Form
- Casino Real Table Reservation Form
- Casino Real Donation Ideas
- Donation Request Letter
- 2015 Sponsorship Guide
- Win a Free Season of Real CO Soccer
- Donaldson Premier Beer Collection
- What to Expect at Casino Real Goes Wild
Guest Ticket Sales:
- Table/Team Sponsorship – the Best Value and only way to sit with all your friends! See our Table Reservation Form above to reserve today!
- Individual tickets will go on sale on December 2, 2014 for $65 each.
- Price goes up on January 12, 2015 to $75 each.
- New attractions including the “Wall of Wine,” Local Brewery Tours and Casino Real 2015 at the Wildlife Experience
- Friday, March 13, 2015, 5:30 – 11:00pm
- The Liniger Building at CU South Denver (fka Wildlife Experience), 10035 Peoria St., Parker, CO
- Silent Auction, Live Auction, Competitive & Recreational League Fee, Apple Gift Card Chances
- Dinner, Dessert and Coffee
- Party Dress, no jeans or coaching attire, please…
- Table Sponsorships available for different levels of benefits (most economical way to attend and only way you can be guaranteed to sit with all your friends)
- Individual reservations available for $75 per guest, maximum seating together will be 4, when purchasing individual reservations.
- Register Early — this is a limited seating event and we sell out quickly!
- All Proceeds benefit Real Colorado’s Soccer Complex and our efforts to light our existing fields
Win a Free Season of Real CO Soccer DON’T MISS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY REAL SOCCER for the cost of a Chance — $4 for Rec tickets and $6 for Comp tickets! Tickets available at the Real office and during the event.
Real Honors MVP Coaches
At the 2014 Colorado Soccer Association MVP and Awards Banquets, several Real Colorado coaches and players were honored. In each case, its an amazing testament to the dedication and spirit of fun all these individuals have, show and inspires.
Real Colorado recognizes the tremendous value that our recreational bring to the families they serve. Some start out coaching kids who seem barely knee high, and slowly foster a love of playing and having fun at a game that gradually resembles the game of soccer. As our players mature, these coaches often are the single biggest reason some kids continue participating in this healthy and active sport. These players may or may not have great talent on the soccer field, but what matters most is they continue to be part of a team and learn the many life lessons taught through sport, and this is a direct result of our coaches caring and making soccer fun.
During our 2014 seasons, our recreational program identified 2 coaches who best represent these qualities, and it’s with great thanks that we honor them and their families. These were nominated to Colorado Soccer Association, formerly Colorado Youth Soccer, for recognition as Colorado Soccer Association Coaches of the Year – Recreational Boys and Recreational Girls.
Congratulations and Thank You to all of Real Colorado’s Volunteer Coaches from 2014:
2014 Real Colorado Boys Recreational Coach of the Year – Ed Shroyer
2014 Real Colorado Girls Recreational Coach of the Year – Jesse Olave
2014 Real Colorado Girls Competitive Coach of the Year – Russ Lentine
2014 Real Colorado Boys Competitive Coach of the Year – Mike Mikes
2014 Real Colorado USY National Championship Series – State Cup MVP’s
Real Colorado Alumni Drafted
Real Colorado alumni Jaelene Hinkle and Amadou “T” Dia have some things in common. Both starred at Real Colorado with their youth teams, both earned US Soccer Youth National Team opportunities, both starred at their respective schools after h.s. graduation at Texas Tech and Clemson, respectively. And now both have been drafted by their respective professional organizations to continue their remarkable runs in soccer. We are so proud of them, excited for them, excited for their families and all our young players that will continue to reach for their dreams and be like Jae and T.
Jaelene Hinkle – 1st Round – 2015 NWSL Draft – Western New York Flash.
“We knew Jaelene was a special player from the first day she set foot on campus,” Tech head coach Tom Stone said. “Throughout her career it became clear, though, that who she was a young lady, a leader and a student was even more impressive that her game. Jaelene has worked extremely hard for this opportunity and we are thrilled to see her get the chance to play professional soccer.” Full Texas Tech Press Release.
Amadou Dia – 1st Round – 2015 MLS SuperDraft – Sporting Kansas City
“I’m very excited for Amadou and proud of Clemson men’s soccer,” head coach Mike Noonan said. “Developing players for their future is one of the focuses of the program.” Full Clemson Soccer Press Release
Join Real Colorado for soccer skill building led by our professional coaches, designed to fine-tune your player’s game while having fun along the way. Our camps offer preschool through elite competitive players an age and ability appropriate opportunity to learn skills like dribbling, passing, receiving, shooting and playing in small games. Whether you’re a beginner or a competitor, we have a camp for you!
We hope to see your player for a fun and engaging soccer experience during any of our upcoming camps. All participants should bring water, a soccer ball and wear athletic clothing with shin guards.
- Developmental Center: Ages U8-U10 and includes 4 skill sessions. For more information look under the Developmental Center Tab
- Spring Break Camp: A fun camp for ages U3-U14. For more information look under the Recreational Camps Tab
- Pre-Tryout Camp: This camp will reflect the tryout process to help prepare the players for U11 tryouts. For more information look under the Recreational Camps Tab
- Recreational Summer Camps: Give your U4 – U14 player a fun and engaging soccer experience this Summer. For more information look under the Recreational Camps Tab
- Foxes Team Training Clinics: for Recreational and Competitive teams with flexible scheduling. Click here for details and registration
Camp questions? Click on any of the Camps above to be directed to Camp coach and registration contacts.
U17 Athletico Wows College Coaches in Raleigh….
With 3-nil wins over Beach FC & CASL plus a 3-1 win over Weston, the U17 Athletico girls showed approx. 100 college coaches at the CASL Girls Showcase what makes them one of Real’s most successful 2nd teams. Athletico 97/98 went on to win their bracket & group besting Team Boca & Michigan Hawks on the other side.
The depth of talent in the 97/98 age girls’ group necessitated the creation of a special Athletico team back at U11-second to a National team that is routinely in the top 10 in the country. Athletico has proven year after year to be worthy of its unique 2nd team name with wins over ECNL teams and high finishes in state cup & Superleague. This fall’s league results included a victory of the U18 Pride Predators who are ranked 28th in the country.
With the depth of talent in this age group, Athletico 97/98 players have been pulled up by Real CO’s U17 & U18 ECNL teams as well as other ECNL clubs around the country. Players are being sought after by D1, D2 & D3 programs. Way to go Real CO Athletico!!
Off Season Training Opportunity
Team Managers and Coaches,
Sterling’s Team Speed is a valuable resource that is available to all Real Colorado players during the off-season. With games ending the first week of November and resuming in March, teams are encouraged to participate in off-season training to make gains in sports performance for the upcoming 2015 Spring soccer season. We are highly recommending that all teams participate. To register your team, please follow the steps below:
- Contact Kira at Sterling’s Team Speed – firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-220-8094
- Request your day(s) and time(s) that your team would like to train (training is scheduled on the half hour)
- Request how many weeks your team would like to train during the off season (recommended 10-16 weeks, 1-2x/week)
- A 50% deposit is due within one week of making your training reservation
- Contract, waivers and training instructions will be emailed back to you to get your team started
Sample request: The U15 _______ boys/girls team would like to train for 16 weeks on Mondays at 530 starting November 10 and ending Feb 23.
To find out more information about Sterling’s Team Speed visit www.teamspeedco.com
Youth Training School (YTS)
YTS Morning School Winter Schedule
Our Philosophy is to develop the complete player; technically gifted, competitive, decisive players, with a passion for soccer, and a strong belief in oneself.
Our mission is to attract, develop, motivate and guide each of our players to reach for personal greatness.
We train to develop and we play to win… THE REAL WAY!
YTS Winter Morning Program Information
Feb/March morning sessions locations – Starting the week of February 24th – March 27th.
Tuesdays – Arapahoe Sports Dome 6:00 – 7:00am
- 6959 S Peoria St, Englewood, CO 80112
Wednesdays – Westridge Recreation Center 6:00 – 7:00am
- 9650 Foothills Canyon Blvd Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
Fridays – Southridge Recreation Center 6:00 – 7:00am
- indoor shoes only
- 4800 Mcarthur Ranch Rd, Highlands Ranch, CO 80130
YTS morning program is using GotSoccer software program for our registration/payment. We have set up the system listing our Feb/March sessions in two different programs.
– One program is set up for the player that attends one class a week (Feb/March one class/week session – $100.00).
– Second program is set up for the player that attends two classes per week (Feb/March two class/week session – $150.00)
Weather Cancellation Policy
– YTS follows the Douglas County School District weather policy, if there is a cancellation or delay, we will not hold class.
Questions: For questions regarding the YTS program please email us at YTS@realcolorado.net
Real’s Record-Breaking Year Earns National Attention
Real Colorado Soccer, a community based, non-profit youth soccer organization committed to helping each player learn, grow, and celebrate his or her love of the game, today announces the most successful year in its history, reaching new milestones and raising the club’s reputation on the national youth soccer stage.
Real U12’s Partner with Project Cure
Our U12 boys National team worked with Project Cure, a Centennial-based non-profit that sends medical supplies all over the world, to assemble Kits for Kids.
The idea for the red bags came from the soccer bag of CEO, Doug Jackson’s daughter. He wanted to find a way to connect kids in the US with underserved children in 123 of the poorest nations. The bags are filled with basic medical supplies: Band-Aids, ointments, pain relievers, gauze – simple supplies to us, but life saving to people in the greatest need.
Our team spent about $50 per bag. Some families filled four bags per player. By putting our email on a label, we will know to which country and possibly facility the bags reach.
You can read more about Project Cure’s purpose here: http://projectcure.org
And specifics about the Kits for Kids. http://projectcure.org/programs/kidskits.
Great job Real families!
Real Champs at State Cup and Poised to Sweep CSA Super Group Division
It’s an amazing feeling to share a Championship win with your teammates, family, friends and coaches. After finishing State Cup championship competitions, two of Real’s winning teams sent us their stories of that final match and we’ve shared them with you below. You can feel the excitement from the sidelines perspective – we hope these stories inspire your player to do their best in their next match!
In addition to Real’s recent State and President’s Cup successes, according to recent standings, Real is on track to sweep first place in every U11-U14 Super Group division this year. Super Group is the highest division and level of player for the Colorado Soccer Association (CSA), (formerly CYS). These two stories are great examples of the heart, drive and determination that puts Real at the top of the division:
2014 State Cup U12 girls Championship match – Real Colorado over Colorado Rush Rush 3-1
Key moment – The key to the game was the fast start the Real Colorado girls National team got off to. In the first minute a service by Avery Vander Ven was nearly finished by Hannah Joella, followed by the first goal being scored when Bri Abam effort created an opportunity for Alex Sandoval. Alex took her first touch into the penalty area and buried a right footed shot into the far post netting. This early pressure and goal further ignited the momentum Real Colorado would carry throughout the game. Jaz Ellis scored the second goal of the game late in the first half and Hannah Joella put the finishing touch on the game with the 3rd and final goal. Alex Sandoval was selected as MVP by the Colorado Soccer Association.
Real U14 National Team Boys take 2014 State Cup title
Just like 2013, it was the Real National U14 Boys playing against the Storm Copa 00B Copa for the 2014 State Cup. Real wanted revenge for the 2-1 loss the previous year and came out hard, but were shaken when Copa scored in the first minute of play off a corner kick. However, the Real team battled hard to recover and maintained the 1-0 score to half time. The Real team came out fierce and determined in the second half and were rewarded when in the 45th minute Jovany Herrera drove with the ball to the bi-line on the right side of the goal and then stopped and turned and laid back the ball to the top of the 18 where an on-coming Jake Almeida hit an absolute ‘cracker’ into the far post upper 90 to make it a 1-1 tie. The Real team did not let down and around the 53th minute once again found the net when Austin Pratte made a beautiful cut move inside the 18 and gave Real a 2-1 lead. Around the 60th minute once again Jovany Herrera made a great individual play when he beat the defender and popped the ball over the Copa goalie who was a bit too far off his line to give Real a 3-1 lead. Real continued to battle hard and was solid on defense and went on to a 3-1 win.
MVP was awarded to Jake Almeida for scoring the tying goal and providing the impetus for the Real team. He also played solid defense the whole game.
Got a story about your team to share? Send it to us at EliseB@RealColorado.net