Real Colorado Begins National Expansion, Close to Home
As one of the Top 20 youth soccer clubs in America , Real Colorado players can be found at the top of the local, national and international youth soccer sport. Our reputation for excellence both on and off the field is nationally-recognized and as a result, we are often approached to mentor coaches, players and teams.
To follow our mission to continue a tradition of fun and excellence in youth soccer, Real Colorado will launch a new affiliate program beginning in January, 2014 starting with its first affiliate, Edge Soccer Club of Arvada.
The Affiliate Vision
In the spirit of developing youth using the best resources, both technical and administrative, Real’s long-term vision for our affiliate program includes a network of affiliate youth soccer clubs. This network will become a national-level club association that will:
- Serve as a minor league system for professional soccer teams, both domestic and international
- Enable new opportunities to find corporate sponsors and foundation support
- Provide a framework for national coach and player development
Real Colorado’s First Affiliate
All of us at Real Colorado are excited to announce our first affiliate club, Edge Soccer Club of Arvada.
Real Colorado has been evaluating different possibilities for growth over the past few years and in numerous discussions with the leadership of Colorado Edge, we found a shared vision and value embedded in our cultures. It is our belief the affiliation with Colorado Edge will create an exciting environment to benefit both memberships and open further opportunities as our relationship matures. By becoming a Real Colorado affiliate, Edge has taken a new step to offer its players, coaches and families’ new tools that can position the club among the best in the nation as part of the Real family.
Real will begin offering our time-tested training programs to coaches, players and teams from Edge. Our players can easily be Guest Players for each other in tournaments and other events. The teams will cross-train together and help each other prepare in the pre-season by playing friendly games, beginning at U9. The two clubs will work together to provide player development opportunities for all ages.
- Coach and Player Cross-Training – Beginning at U9, players and coaches will begin having opportunities to train together across Junior Academy and Competitive teams, including U.S. Soccer Development Academy and Elite Clubs National League(ECNL) teams.
- A New Look – Edge Soccer Club players will take on the branding of Real Colorado, although the organizations will remain functionally separate.
More Coming Soon – Watch for more information coming soon on our website, or for immediate questions, contact Jared Spires at Jareds@realcolorado.net.